Aurora Fire Pit Installations
Fire Pits: Hardscapes to Keep You Warm & Cozy During Winter
During the winter in Aurora, CO, most people do not get to enjoy their outdoors because it is too cold to stand or sit outside on the back patio. However, with the help of an outdoor fire pit, you may be able to enjoy the colder months longer and even entertain guests. Adding a fire pit can not only help you get more enjoyment out of your property, but it can also add a certain sense of ambiance and radiant light to your landscaping. One of our fire pits will set the mood any time of the year for your Aurora, CO home. We can offer you a number of different types of fire pits, such as:
- Custom fire pits: Our team has been designing hardscapes and installing them for the past 25 years. It would bring us great joy to custom build an outdoor fire pit for your backyard. We want Aurora, CO to enjoy their yard as much as possible. Whether you have an idea in mind or need some help matching your current other hardscapes and landscapes, we are here to assist. We have plenty of natural stones to choose from as well as humanmade bricks. We will have you sitting by the fire and will help you stay warm this winter in your backyard.
- Pre-formed stone fire pits: Blue Sky only works with the best in the industry, and for those in a rush to have their fire pit up and running in the yard, we carry pre-formed stone fire pits as a fun hardscape option. Since we won’t have to design the fire pit, we can go ahead and quickly install it in your backyard, keeping you and your friends warm for that party this weekend.
- Double-sided fireplaces: For better control on the heat your guests’ experience, consider a double-sided fireplace as your new hardscape option. Having a retractable glass on two different sides means you can open one to let the heat out and close the other for those just looking for a warm ambiance. Either way, this classy addition will have you on your patio no matter the weather.
Use Gas or Natural Burning Wood in Your Outdoor Fire Pit
Outdoor fire pits can either use gas or natural burning wood to keep you and your family warm on your patio throughout the year. Even in the summer, a small fire can be a nice addition to the party. It helps by putting off light and reducing your need to use electricity to be able to see all your guests. This hardscape option creates the perfect atmosphere whether it is a large party or a romantic night for two. We offer many different options when it comes to design and can even custom-build you a fire pit to meet all your expectations. There are two types of fire pits though, and that is where the design process will begin after you have decided to have Blue Sky bring you warmth and ambiance with a new outdoor fire pit:
- Benefits of a gas burning fire pit: If you want a cleaner burning fire that is quick to light, than you should have a gas burning fire pit installed as your new hardscape feature. Gas-burning fire pit options are more environmentally safe and friendly. They can also run continuously uninterrupted and won’t require you to keep getting up and adding more logs or safely turning them for a more balanced heat and flame. Typically, these options are a little high in price to begin with, but over time you will end up saving money.
- Benefits of a wood burning fire pit: If you want a fast installation and a more natural burning fire hardscape feature, then a wood-burning fire pit is perfect for your home. They will boost the aesthetics of your home and are a better more comforting experience with family and friends.
FAQ About Fire Pits
Can I cook on my gas fire pit?
- Cooking on your gas fire pit is not recommended.
Can I use manufactured logs in my wood burning fire pit?
- You can use these types of wood to help with longer burning and easier starting, but it should be known these types of wood have chemicals soaked into them to help achieve the desired goals.
How should I clean my wood burning fire pit?
- Using a dishwashing soap is recommended for cleaning. Make sure you properly dispose of the ashes in the fire pit before cleaning. Also, wait until the pit has cooled to the touch before attempting to clean.
Will wind affect my gas burning fire pit?
- Your fire should be unaffected by the wind, but if it is, then you should move inside and not use your fire pit during such wind storms.
How long will a 20lbs propane take last me and my fire pit?
- If your gas fire pit is burning consistently, you should see about 10 hours’ worth of flame. You should consider this the average though, and there may be less or more than ten exact hours.
Does it matter what type of wood I use in my outdoor fire pit?
- Dry, seasoned hardwood is the answer. Try and find well-seasoned wood that has a very low moisture level. This helps it burn more evenly and with less smoke.
Contact Blue Sky to Get Your New Fire Pit Installed in the Denver Metro Area Today!
At Blue Sky Hardscapes & Irrigation, we can help you choose and install a fire pit that is a beautiful focal point of your overall landscaping design. Contact our Aurora, CO hardscaping team today at (720) 996-2391 and request a free estimate on fire pit installation and other hardscape services.
- Fully Insured
- Free Estimates
- Commitment To Quality
- Superior Customer Service